Monday 20 November 2017

2018 Erin Condren 12 month life planner review including link for $10 off your first order!


As ever, the packaging was pretty and a delight to see coming through the door!  Credit where credit's due, Erin Condren knows how to wrap a pretty parcel!  

This review features a 12 month 2018 Erin Condren life planner wi:h the following features;
*  platinum coil
*  neutral colour scheme
*  vertical layout
*  watercolour world planner covers (personalisation available on the Erin Condren website)


The bubble wrap used kept the coiled planner in place and perfectly protected!  My past experience of platinum coils has been excellent, I have no criticisms to make (in contrast to many reviews I've read of the gold, rose gold and black coil options, all of which appear to chip.  As a result, coiled life planners with these options appear to look worn and damaged easily).


All the usual goodies were included with an online order; planner pouch, coil connector, perpetual calender, sticker and inspirational quote postcard.  This time round, the box did not contain a printed order summer.  Therefore there was no priced order sheet to quickly dispose of, or remove from the possible path of a husband who does not fully appreciate pretty stationary!


A peek inside........

 



Add your goals, or inspirational quotes of your own!


Each month is preceded by a notes page, and an inspirational quote page.  These are left blank for you to "doodle" or colour, if you wish to.


This is followed by a two-page overview of the month, with a sidebar for notes or to-dos.



A typical week........




I love the clean simple lines of the neutral colour option!  I find the painted petals on each page of the 2018 colour option distracting.  I'm a paper planner who tends to shy away from stickers.  Instead, I colour code my entries into my Erin Condren life planner.  In weekly spreads, I use the following system:

 I use each of the three boxes (top to bottom) for morning, afternoon and evening. Under the bottom boxes I note things like mail/deliveries I'm expecting or refunds to card I'm expecting. I have a checkbox beside each so I can see at a quick glance if something has been received or needs chased up.

I use the sidebar (lines left of Monday) for meal plan and any non-recurring items to be added to my shopping list (I have a list of recurring items in the notes section at the back of the life planner). 

Colour-coding: GREEN for an activity (e.g. going to a baby group, meeting someone at park, having someone over to house). Green lets me know we need to be up, dressed and ready for action either out of the house, or receiving guests! RED is for essential tasks to be completed that day (e.g. sending an email, ordering something online, paying insurance etc). Tasks in red are non-negotiable and are a priority! ORANGE is used for meal plan and non-recurring shopping list items. PURPLE is for anything "other", that is unusual, often non-recurring and warrents my attention, in order to be remembered! 

So this actually leaves me with two other pens not currently in use! (so I can easily switch out, when one of my others runs out!). I find this lets me see at a quick glance if we're having a largely "at home day" or "out and about day" etc.  I love the functionality of being able to see the "flow of the day" at a quick glance, and the type of activities that need to be completed.

Some notes pages........



More space to "doodle" and colour!........


A space for notes and important 2019 dates!


An inspirational quote, and pages of stickers that are included as standard.



A handy pocket for storing appointment letters etc (storage in front and back).


Back cover

 



If you think that paper planning is for you in 2018, I highly recommend the Erin Condren Life Planner.  I love how the coiled life planner allows for pages to be flipped right over and I love the clean-cut neutral colour scheme! It is free from distraction and looks like a joy to use!  It is such a useful organisational tool; enabling me to manage time, achieve goals and journal!

Click here for a 10% discount when you make your first order, using this Referral Link :  https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/sarahwright0428-3161

It will entitle you to 10% off your first order when you set up a new account, so why not treat yourself to some accessories also?!  Note to self; make a note to post a "would I re-purchase this item?" blogpost in Autumn 2018.

Cheerio for now,
first time mammy








































No comments:

Post a Comment