Monday 4 January 2016

New year ..... new exercise regieme ..... Crossfit

So, the bells have rung and we're into our first full week of 2016.  Like many other people I'm reflecting on the old and considering what changes to make in the new year.  I'm not one for new year's resolutions; I find they're often not specific, achievable or still being implemented in February.

So this year I considered what habits I'd like to include in my lifestyle; changes that can be absorbed into my time available, disposable income and fit well with family life.  Rather than focus on a "fad" exercise craze (boxercise, dancercise, zumba, I've done them all!) I'd like to focus on body conditioning and strengthening.

This is where the Crossfit comes in.  It's been around for a while now.  And to be honest, it first smacked of "fad" exercise craze to me.  I didn't want to get sucked into another programme of activities, or just follow the crowd, and have avoided it for six months.  But it appears to me that people who engage with crossfit adopt many of it's principles and approaches to their life in general (determination, perseverence, committment etc).  And that's why it appeals now.

Image result for inspirational quotes starting exercise

As this new year starts, I want to adopt a healthier attitude to fitness and exercise.  I want to view it in the context of health, and not appearance. And I want to "tone up".  So the classes are booked.  The workout gear has been hoked out of the back of the cupboard.  A fresh bottle of water has been bought.  I'm ready ..... I think!  I'll let you know how I get on!

What changes are you making in 2016?

Cheerio for now
first time mammy

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own.  All Crossfit sessions paid for by me.  I have not been paid for this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment