Wednesday 16 December 2015

An experiment in "fun" exercise .....

So I discovered a new form of torture exercise this week .....

Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for a healthy, active lifestyle, and just importantly a healthy attitude towards exercise.  But this was just pain.  Pain from start to finish!  I went to my first fitness class at an indoor trampoline park.  It had all the usual; warm up, full work-out and then a cool down.  The instructor gave great encouragement and motivation throughout.  Individual encouragement and motivation ..... I was the only one who turned up!!!  Twenty minutes into the one hour class, I felt like I had been skiing for eight hours; my quads were on fire!

Will I go back? Most likely.  Two days later and I definately feel like I've worked out.  It was much easier on my joints than running, and a lot more "fun" than hitting the gym.  A gym-bunny I am not.  I like exercise involving an activity e.g. boxercise, dancercise etc and I like exercise to be social.  So I'll probably head back next week to trampoline fitness ..... here's hoping I'm not the only one ..... my quads couldn't bear that again!

What's your favourite exercise?  Anything you recommend, especially for these cold winter months?

Cheerio for now
first time mammy

No comments:

Post a Comment